The Treasurer is responsible for
- Keeping an accurate record of financial activity
- Collecting money for and keeping an accurate record of takings from membership, clothing and anything else purchased by society members (eg. Proms DVDs)
- Producing a balance and financial report for each Committee meeting.
- Getting a float and collecting money/ briefing Committee members to collect money from concert admissions and programmes
- Reimbursing any expenses from members
- Paying invoices
- Collection and payment of photocopy cards
- Writing to and liaising with sponsors and possible sponsors of the society
- Giving a financial report at the AGM of the progress and developments of the year
Similarly to President, Treasurer is also a very demanding role within the Committee.
The Treasurer in 2019/20 is James Beadle, who can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.