The secretary is responsible for
- Taking accurate minutes of committee meetings and recording details of votes
- Making minutes available to those in the society who request to view them
- Publicising elections and displaying ballot box
- Booking rooms
- Requesting permission to rehearse during quiet period
- Keeping the membership database up to date
- Making sure LUSU’s record of the society is correct
- Making and displaying signs at concerts
- Purchasing Committee t-shirts
- Taking orders for society hoodies
Similarly to president, secretary is also a very demanding role within the Committee.
The Secretary for 2021/22 is George Allin, who can be contacted via email@example.com or 07527782862.