The Publicity Officer is responsible for
- Producing programmes for all necessary concerts, which require the collection of programme notes from ensemble reps, biographies and photographs from soloists and conductors, future concert dates from the secretary and a welcome message from the president
- Designing a cover for programmes – either the same for concerts throughout the year or following a theme. Proms programmes must include the yearly logo from the competition
- Designing and printing posters advertising all major concerts
- Organising and distributing posters, including creating and distributing a rota to Committee members
- Liaise with members of the public to ensure other methods of advertising – newspapers, radio etc.
- Ensuring local schools, churches etc. are aware of ULMS and the concert opportunities
- Preparation of flyers, to be distributed around town and at other events (e.g. the concert series)
- Updating the ULMS blog
- Creating all Facebook events for ULMS concerts etc
- Ensuring the main Facebook page and Twitter account are kept updated and relevant
- Managing all social media
The publicity officer for 2021/22 is Beth Cook, who can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.